Top Bar

I used to have many separate blogs, but rather than repeat that exercise for Google to destroy again, I have added the blogs as separate pages here on the Top Bar. I will add past posts as I recover them from other sources, but will also add new posts as the occasion arises; so always check, there's bound to be something new.
.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

I owe you one

Just thought I would say how much I hate this stuff, and now they have made it a snack and a drink.

Geez, some peoples taste buds are damn close to their arsehole.

Time flies...

It seems like just a few minutes ago it was Sunday and I was intending to write a post.

I don't know what happened.

The post that I was thinking of was about salsa. Yes, the dance. Don't get any fancy notions that I 'salsa', I don't. My body does not lend itself to rhythmic movements of that ilk.

You see I was never interested in dancing. I had always considered that dancing was a spectator sport, that is, until I was introduced to tango. Many years ago, I used to take travel agents from NZ to exotic places like Buenos Aires for what we called in the industry 'educational tours;' a chance for the travel agents to experience tourist products beyond their ken and hence be able to sell those products to their clients.

Well, it was while organising the first of these tours, that I noticed a tango show was on many itineraries, so logic dictates that there must be some value in watching tango.

Have you ever watched tango?






There is a taste from La Ventana in Buenos Aires, Argentina. You can see the opulence of the surroundings and a short burst of the famous precision that makes tango. La Ventana was one of the tango shows that I used to frequent.

And now for some salsa...





See, there is a difference.

Now I am going to rush, finish lunch and off to work. Lunch was indeed a rushed affair; 25 minutes from fridge to belly. Chicken cannelloni, with a savoury white sauce made with fresh cream, tasty, nom noms. Obviously it was store bought cannelloni.

Already, I don't think I can make it on time...

Later

Update: My student rang and canceled, phew, so a bit of fine tuning here...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is a Labyrinth

Life is a Labyrinth