Top Bar

I used to have many separate blogs, but rather than repeat that exercise for Google to destroy again, I have added the blogs as separate pages here on the Top Bar. I will add past posts as I recover them from other sources, but will also add new posts as the occasion arises; so always check, there's bound to be something new.
.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Now it's Thursday...

I have opened the 'new post' and I have no idea what I am going to write. But I feel I should. I don't even have an image selected yet... brb

Found one!

See, teachers have their own whisky. That just goes to show how important we are. Now my spell checker is telling me I have spelt whisky wrong; I haven't. Stupid American spell checker, Scotch whisky is spelt without the 'e' (check the label on the bottle), Irish whiskey is spelt with the 'e.' I don't care if Americans spell all whisky with the 'e'; it's just plain stupid; no cultural identity.

*Stares blankly at screen*

I chose a butterfly for my favicon, I even made a favicon with it. The blogger 'add a favicon' button didn't add my favicon. So I remain faviconless.

I chose the butterfly because it is one of the most temporary lifeforms on the planet; I feel it is a good reflection on the internet after my recent experience.

Watch the butterfly flutter by then die...



*Stares blankly at the screen again*

Perhaps more coffee would help. My caffeine intake has lowered since the disaster. I wonder if this has impeded my output. Have to fix that.

Last day of the work week for me, so I have the next three days to think about blogging.

Erick is coming over Saturday to stay the weekend. He has been invited by the local soccer team to play on Sunday. He is so excited about being invited by the mens' team to play. Perhaps it will give him the idea that he is growing up and time to leave childish pursuits like flying kites aside. I hope only good can come of it. It is also his first chance to seriously try out the soccer boots that I bought him for his birthday.

I bought some DVDs last weekend. One of the films was Rio; recommended. I watched it before I gave the DVD to the kids for home. It is a fairly realistic portrayal of life in Rio, although the adventure is a little fantastic.

If you've got kids, they'll love it.

Well, it's that time again. Off to work.

Later.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is a Labyrinth

Life is a Labyrinth